Sunday, January 5, 2020

Goodbye Blair Kitchen

I'm saddened to report that Canadian animation industry veteran Blair Kitchen passed away early this morning. Blair has been an inspirational and positive influence in my life. I met him in Artist Alley at Fan Expo where I bought some issues of his Possum comics. Later, I was privileged to have Blair as my Mentor at Sheridan College where he provided valuable feedback and guidance for the story and the making of Scrap Metal (he's right there in the credits) and continued to help me make contacts and get my own animation career off the ground. My condolences to Blair's family including Mike Kitchen who also gave advice in the making of Scrap Metal. I'll always be thankful to Blair and remember him for his whimsical artistry, generous nature and positive attitude.

There's a piece about him on Animation Magazine and be sure to check out his comics on Possum Press.


http://www.ultraist.net/kitchenbros/
Blair Kitchen (left) and his brother Mike Kitchen (right) on their podcast Kitchen Bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment